Thursday, November 25, 2010

Grateful, asiima

Today I felt extra grateful. The reason is because I went over to a friends house to use an oven to bake. I love to bake, so this was just a grate time. I feel grateful because a lot of people all over the world have no power and sometimes no running water. I can not even imagine not having water when I need it or power when I need to charge my ipod or a computer. Sometimes I feel selfish for having so much. Usually when I feel this way God tells me Your blessed so you you can bless others.
It is also thanksgiving today and I'm just sooo grateful for everything I have, these are the things I'm most grateful for:
My loving family
My nice house
Running water AND power
3 meals a day
An education
I have so many things that people don't have, some people have no education because they have no family to encourage them or don't have the energy to go because they don't eat. There are so many different scenarios. I think Americans should know that they are blessed. When I lived in America I had so much and I took it all for granted, I threw all my extra food away and never really thought about it at all,  except when my parents would say "Eat all your food their is starving children in Africa!" I never really took it to heart. Now that I live here in Uganda I see the need. And that alone can change you, but if you see the need and do something than you did not only change yourself but you can change that person too.

“A man was going down from Jerusalem to Jericho, when he was attacked by robbers. They stripped him of his clothes, beat him and went away, leaving him half dead. 31 A priest happened to be going down the same road, and when he saw the man, he passed by on the other side. 32 So too, a Levite, when he came to the place and saw him, passed by on the other side. 33 But a Samaritan, as he traveled, came where the man was; and when he saw him, he took pity on him. 34 He went to him and bandaged his wounds, pouring on oil and wine.




You can be this person too.

-Lu

No comments:

Post a Comment