Friday, December 3, 2010

Needy Randomness

 Have you ever been hungry? Well for some people you go to the kitchen and get food right? No, not for most people in this needy world.
    Do you have a closet full of clothes? Maybe... Maybe you have 3+ outfits, your blessed. Most people in this needy world have one outfit, maybe that and an extra shirt.
I could go on for a while but I'm going to leave it at that. Most Americans have more than they need. In the movie Book of Eli this man was describing what the world used to be like he said "People had more than they needed..." I heard this and thought of those greedy Americans who DO have more than they need, I'm trying not judge, but how can you not feel greedy when there are so many orphans and widows and homeless people who have nothing? Yes it's kinda rude for me to say this but it's just how it is. You can change it but you CHOOSE to ignore the need, you CHOOSE to get that new shirt that cost 10 bucks when it could feed many, but you CAN'T CHOOSE how blessed you are, yet you may see the need and again ignore it.  I'm going to try to image this for ya...
Imagine you live in a house the has no running water and no electricity. (okay not so bad you can deal) you eat 1 meal a day. (oh geez) an it's posho (flour and water) and a couple tablespoons of beans (gross!!!) and you have a dirty shirt and some holy shorts (I can't even wear my clothes twice!!!)

    It seems hard right? Well this is daily life for some people. Definitely makes me feel guilty. How about you? My point of this blog was not to make you feel crappy, but to explain and inform.

 "I was hungry, and you gave me something to eat. I was thirsty,and you gave me something to drink. I was a stranger, and you took me into your home" Matthew 25:35

This is how you should live.
-Lu

No comments:

Post a Comment