Monday, January 3, 2011

Jinja Fun

Jinja fun

So I've been to jinja before, but this time I'm went with my family. So we hired a car and charged our electronics and hit the road. The drive to Jinja is about and hour and a half. The drive is amazing. There are acres and acres of tea plants and rice it's just amazing. Once we got into Jinja we went to bujagali falls and there we could put our feet in the water. It is just amazing to see what God can do. So after that we went to a restaurant and had afra-nachos. 

They were really good. (I have pics but afra-internet is super slow)
 Next we went to the source of the Nile but didn't actually go in (it was super expensive). Soon enough we ate some lunch and met up with Mrs. Tania, she came here after she sold everything she had. Hmm sounds like someone I know. Haha. She and my parents talked for a while then we sat at an Internet cafe and drank a soda and then some of Mrs. Tania's friends just so happen to be around and they said hi and guess who one of them was? Katie Davis. (She writes a blog) When I saw her I was like "Can that be Katie Davis?!" in my head, After kinda dyeing in side at the sight of her. Mrs. Tania asked if we heard of her, and I was like YES! But it came out as Uh Uh. And  she asked if I wanted a picture! A picture! I almost started crying tears of joys katie says "oh I have that shirt!" and then we took a picture. That was just like the best moment in my Africa experience. So anyways we started to go home and it was kinda horrible. All the smog and stuff. But anyways we got home and I had such an amazing day.

-Lu

No comments:

Post a Comment