Friday, March 11, 2011

Who would have thought?


Who would have thought I would be here right now, sitting on my bed thinking of all those I left behind in Uganda. It was like leaving here. So hard and painful. I still ask myself "Would I rather live in America or Africa?" This question still lingers in my head. I think it's not really the location, it's the people. I say that and you would think, "Then why not America?!" Well, I have people I love in both places. It's like choosing over best friends, fricken hard. I definitely don't know why God would push me from place to place, hurting my heart each place. I read this in psalms and its kind of like how I am right now;
"God tested me, he pushed me hard, but he didn’t hand me over to Death."

No I'm not sick, nor dyeing. Instead of death I would say, "God tested me, he pushed me hard, but he didn't leave me."
He didn't leave me. That makes me feel so comforted. I'm never alone no matter what.
Sometimes I wonder what it's like to not have God. It sounds so lame and lonely.
I know it sounds hard and even pointless but if you take the extra minute and ask someone of the would go to church with you, could make all the difference.

-Lu

No comments:

Post a Comment